Offer to Supercars customers valid from 06/10/18 – 06/24/18.
He is the on who is always taking care the car maintenance in the house. If it wasn’t for him the rest of the family would get stuck with a car issue along the way. Moreover, car owners are procrastinating on routine maintenance activities, which could lead to problems down the line that send repair costs even higher. A separate AAA study found that a third of U.S. drivers defer or neglect recommended service and repairs. Not only does this threaten to ratchet up repair costs later on, it also puts people at increased risk of a vehicle breakdown.
“While it may seem that skipping maintenance and repairs can save money in the short term, staying on top of car care can save drivers hundreds of dollars in the long run,” said John Nielsen, AAA’s managing director of Automotive Engineering and Repair.
Here’s what AAA recommends to keep your car — and your bank account — in good health:
- Set aside $50 a month for emergency auto repairs.
- Follow the automaker’s recommended maintenance schedule, which can be found in your owner’s manual or often online.
- Get cozy with a mechanic you trust before you find yourself in need of one. Hopefully you will keep coming back to Supercars.
- Get a written estimate for unanticipated repairs and confirm which repairs need to be done with the mechanic.
- Get a second opinion if you can.
- Take advantage of shop discounts or payment plans that help reduce out-of-pocket expenses, and see if there’s room to negotiate those costs. (this is what we are talking about)
According to the Vehicle Health Index, the top 10 most-common car repairs related to the check engine light, followed by their average repair costs, are:
10. Replace evaporative-emissions purge solenoid, $184
9. Replace evaporative-emissions purge control valve, $168
8. Replace spark plug wires and spark plugs, $331
7. Replace mass airflow sensor, $382
6. Replace ignition coils, $236
5. Replace thermostat, $210
4. Tighten or replace fuel cap, $15
3. Replace ignition coils and spark plugs, $390
2. Replace catalytic converter, $1,153
1. Replace oxygen sensor, $249
In celebration to the 2018 FIFA World Cup – Russia you get 30% off on your Supercars Gift Card. Do the math and save now!